Can't find composer page I created

Moderator: kcleung

laurence52
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Can't find composer page I created

Post by laurence52 »

Hallo all. I have just joined IMSLP and am trying to put some of my scores on here as a composer. I don't know if I am being really stupid, and I don't usually have that much difficulty with this sort of thing, but though I created a page for myself as a composer, but I can't find it in the list of composer pages. But when I try to create it again, it says 'page already exists'. If it exists why can't I find it so I can start putting scores on it?? Can anyone help. The page should be called Laurence Armstrong Hughes
Hobbypianist
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Can't find composer page I created

Post by Hobbypianist »

Well, you created the category one week ago, and since there have been no uploads so far it has been deleted meanwhile. It's part of the regular cleanup, empty pages or categories get deleted after 2-3 days...
Now I've restored the page, here it is. You can start adding things. HP
laurence52

Post by laurence52 »

Oh - OK, thanks - people expect you to move fast on here! lol
laurence52

Post by laurence52 »

OK - now I have gone to the link you have provided and there is indeed a page for Laurence Armstrong Hughes there, but according to the instructions for uploading scores you should click the 'Add Work' link - but I can see no such link! How do I proceed? I cannot believe that the process of uploading scores can be so obscure!
laurence52

Post by laurence52 »

Right - I finally found the Add Work button and I think I have succeeded in uploading a score! Thanks for your assistance.

Laurence
GarethGlyn

Post by GarethGlyn »

I'm having the same trouble - I'm on the composer page I created for myself, but can find nothing to match the details given in the ISMLP instructions (e.g. the 'Add File' and 'Add Sheet Music' buttons). Where, in the end, was the link that you'd been seeking?

**UPDATE** It's now a day later, and I can't find my own composer page. Might it have been removed because I hadn't been able to upload a score to it? I'm clearly misunderstanding how the system works, and would be very grateful for any help.

Gareth