Uploading Performance Notes

Moderator: kcleung

klop422
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Uploading Performance Notes

Post by klop422 »

Not quite sure if this topic belongs here, but it's the best looking place I can find.
Best looking? Whatever, I'll run with it.

So, I've been uploading my own compositions to imslp, but I have been wanting to upload performance notes with them, but as a separate file as a kind of appendix which doesn't have to be downloaded with the piece (and so also saves people from accidentally printing out a block of text when all they want is music - as helpful as that may be to them).
My question is this: What is the procedure for this? There is no 'performance notes' section under the 'add file' tab at the top. Or would all the performance notes (which may be quite in-depth, I might add) be put under 'Misc. Notes'?
cypressdome
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Uploading Performance Notes

Post by cypressdome »

There are a few ways you can do this. You can create a text document and upload it as a PDF file following the same procedure as you would with a musical score. The file description can be something like "Performance Instructions." Once uploaded it can be merged with the existing files under the scores or parts tab. If the performance notes are brief you could simply type them into the Misc. Notes section. If the notes are more extensive and you don't want to upload a separate file for them you could create a discussion thread (click on the "Discuss this piece" link at the top of the work page and then click "Add topic" and input your text here). A link to the thread could then be added under the Misc. Notes section on the work page.