Moderator: kcleung

kosboot
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Can't upload score by Cyril Scott

Post by kosboot »

Hi folks,

I have a score by Cyril Scott, "Danse negre" which is public domain in the U.S. where I am located (copyright 1911) which I want to upload. But I don't see an "Add file" tab for his page. I recognize that this work is p.d. only in the U.S. (and there are plenty of other Scott works available on IMSLP). So how can I upload this score?
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Can't upload score by Cyril Scott

Post by Sallen112 »

Its because we have the composer page setup for not allowing things after 1923 (keep in mind the main server is in Canada, which is life + 50 from the author's death). I can change some code on the composer page to allow users to make the workpages (since what your saying the file is PD in the USA) on their once again, but then I will have to close it off once again. Yes its annoying but keep in mind that were only a few years away before he is PD in Canada.

Make absolutely sure, you use the special webpage for uploading the file to the US server in "Add files", otherwise it will be deleted!! We can reupload it for you if you can't find the upload page.

I've open up the composer page to allow you make the workpage, please don't take too long so I can close it off afterwards for security reasons. If you want to upload more works, please let us know on here and how many files/new workpages your planning to add.
kosboot
forum adept

Re: Can't upload score by Cyril Scott

Post by kosboot »

Thank you Sallen112. I'm done - you can close it off now.