An unusual query about submissions

Moderator: kcleung

etnate
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

An unusual query about submissions

Post by etnate »

I wasn't sure where to post this; I'm a pianist who likes playing Rameau and have been going to the piano reductions of his operas for material. What I've done, and intend to do again, is create PDFs where I've deleted all the vocal music so that what is left is only the instrumental dance-air pieces leaving valuable solo keyboard music. I haven't altered anything the original editor (Dukas in this case) has done; only removed pages. Would I be able to contribute this to IMSLP? It's not anything I've found elsewhere and if it did exist it would be something I'd find very useful so I thought it might be something other pianists might want. If there is a more appropriate place on the forum to ask this please let me know. Thanks.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: An unusual query about submissions

Post by Carolus »

There is no copyright problem in doing this. The one you already uploaded was simple enough to deal with in terms of placement beneath the Arangements and Transcriptions tab. Rameau is no problem but there are already quite a few piano only arangements of later operas, often with supralinear text. Hardly seems worth the effort in such cases - and we really don't need such things on some of the very full pages (such as the popular Mozart operas).