Nkoda.com Score and Parts Library

Moderator: kcleung

futurosie
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Nkoda.com Score and Parts Library

Post by futurosie »

I recently learned of the scores at Nkoda.com. It is a subscription service set up by the publishers and mostly contains copyrighted works and editions, but there appear to be some public domain items. Is anybody else aware of this website and could maybe add any of the PD files to IMSLP?
Phillip21
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Nkoda.com Score and Parts Library

Post by Phillip21 »

I have recently subscribed to this, as it has the potential to be a 'game-changer' in the music business. The rules are very strict, and security very tight. It will only work with the latest OSs on any platform, and you will be blocked if you attempt to do a screen print. It is intended to be used completely in-app by people using tablets to play from, and has built-in page-turning, annotations etc. (although these need a lot of development before they have the same features as Forscore, Newzik or MobileSheets). It certainly does have some reprints of PD music that are still available from the publishers, but I wouldn't dare source them from the app to put on here. Long-term it would be much better for IMSLP and nkoda to work together with the minimum overlap.
Phillip Sear