Moderator: kcleung

kosboot
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Taking requests for reconstructing scores from parts

Post by kosboot »

AlexKindel wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:11 am
kosboot wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:56 pm I've posted parts for silent film music all of which could use a score.

First priority:
Gloria's Romance by Jerome Kern
https://imslp.org/wiki/Gloria's_Romance ... 2C_Jerome)
In this one, I notice that some of the parts have cues labeled "horn," but there is no horn part. What's up with that?
I'll have to track down the horn parts. Thanks for the consideration!
AlexKindel

Post by AlexKindel »

I'm also suspicious of the fact that it has a part labeled 2nd Violin, but none labeled 1st Violin.
azumbrunn
forum adept

Post by azumbrunn »

Just to inform everyone: I am presently working on a score of Emilie Mayer's third symphony of which a set of handwritten parts (complete as far as I can see) is posted. A symphony is a huge project for one person so it will take time before I can post anything. BTW there are two more symphonies of hers though they have manuscript scores (and parts?) posted.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

In all there are 7 or so, and there is already a project to create performing scores and parts of her symphonies and other works (which probably provided the impetus and perhaps donation for SBB to scan the performing material in the first place.) In some cases she and her organization have already issued her scores, see Worldcat. We may often find ourselves in competition like this. That the first performance was in some of these cases provably in the 1840s may still be consistent with its being polite not to run over toes :)