How to upload a work with multiple copmosers

Moderator: kcleung

kosboot
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

How to upload a work with multiple copmosers

Post by kosboot »

I've got a few works which have multiple composers listed for a single work. It's not a situation where different composers composed a seperate movement or act but where two or three people are the credited composers for a single work. All the composers have their own pages on IMSLP.

How do I go about creating a page/uploading these kinds of works? I looked in the help files but couldn't find anything that directly addressed this issue.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: How to upload a work with multiple copmosers

Post by Carolus »

We have a special category of "Collaborations" for this situation. If the work in question is known mainly under a particular composer it can be added under that category, another alternative being adding under the composer whose contribution is greatest. This is done after creation of the work page by insertion of the added field |Page Type=Collaboration in the General Info section. Adding under "Various" is sometimes used also - for example the song You're in Style When You're Wearing a Smile. This page also shows the use of the {{CollabCat}} template used to place the collaboration into the categories of each composer participant.