Changing name

Moderator: kcleung

ptoye
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Changing name

Post by ptoye »

When I created my "composer" page I gave my full name, as the form asks for First/Middle name. Is this a requrement?

I ask because I never use my middle name, but I can't see how to change it within my personal page. Can I do this or am I stuck with it? I see it appears in my (so far only) uploaded work as both an editor and publisher., so I assume that it will break a link if I change it on the uploaded work reference.
Peter
cypressdome
active poster

Re: Changing name

Post by cypressdome »

That can be done and it is best to do it before you upload too many of your own editions. Create a new "composer" using the name you want your editions to appear under on IMSLP. Once that is done we can edit the LinkEd link for the edition you have already uploaded and change the name to your preferred name. Lastly, we can then re-direct your old category name to the new one. Once that is done you will probably need to associate your username with your new category page (mouse over the gear icon in the upper right corner and select the "you are this person" option).
ptoye
regular poster

Post by ptoye »

Thanks. It's unlikely that I will be submitting anything more in the near future. The only reason I submitted the Variations was that in order to perform them I had to make the print legible, which the downloaded original edition wasn't. So I thought I'd tidy it up and make it available to other duettists.

I've done the first part up to redirecting my category name but I'm not sure how to do that - a hint would be welcome!
Peter
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

I've taken care of the re-direct (another example of a poorly-documented feature).
ptoye
regular poster

Post by ptoye »

Thanks very much.

It's a moot point whether taking time over documentation saves time having to answer newbies' questions and doing their work for them :)
Peter