Composers missing each time I search

For general discussions related to the regional servers (please do not use for general discussions about IMSLP)

Moderators: PML-CA, imslp-eu, jdeperi

Sqwirrelz
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Composers missing each time I search

Post by Sqwirrelz »

Yesterday I looked through the composer search and found Gustav Mahler after clicking M. Now Mahler is missing, and many composers are now missing in the 'M' listing.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Composers missing each time I search

Post by pml »

This is a known problem at present, owing to the implementation of some new functionality on the website which I seem to have goaded or shall we say, prompted Feldmahler into adding! See the message which is currently appearing on the top of the Composers category page. (What these changes are meant to do is documented on the following forum thread.)

Essentially the composers category is a subset of the new “People” category which includes not only composers’ pages, but those of the various arrangers, editors, performers, writers and others associated with music insofar as they have a contribution on the website. It means for example, in the list of people, the composer Samuel Coleridge-Taylor finally gets to virtually rub shoulders with the poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

Cheers, Philip
--
PML (talk)