What IMSLP server are South Asia(India) pointed to?

For general discussions related to the regional servers (please do not use for general discussions about IMSLP)

Moderators: PML-CA, imslp-eu, jdeperi

markiee
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

What IMSLP server are South Asia(India) pointed to?

Post by markiee »

If i am correct South Asia archives are published worldwide from 1971 to the present.I would like to know whether IMSLP servers offer pdfs and transcriptions of classical sheet music? based on countries,please advise me
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: What IMSLP server are South Asia(India) pointed to?

Post by Choralia »

No, access to IMSLP servers is unrestricted: wherever you are located in the world, you can access all servers. It's up to the user to fulfill the applicable laws in the user's country.

According to Wikipedia, India is quite a specific case for copyright, as normal copyright duration is 60 years after the death of the author. This is different with respect to most countries in the world (50 or 70 years are the most common copyright terms). Provisions also exist for "Indian works", "Government works", copyright assignment, and fair dealing, which are rather specific as well. Indian users should consider all these factors before downloading and/or using scores from IMSLP.

Max