For posts related to IMSLP merchandise

Moderator: Philidor

Philidor
Groundskeeper
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

IMSLP Merchandise

Post by Philidor »

IMSLP merchandise is now available, with a donation from each sale going to IMSLP to help fund server and other costs. As items are added to the collection a thread will be posted here.

Use this forum to suggest ideas for saleable items, e.g. IMSLP branded music stands, mouse mats, jewellery, music cases, Christmas cards, shopping bags, etc etc - whatever we decide as a group is appropriate and feasible to sell.

We've a skilled designer on hand, willing to donate her services gratis - IMSLP has that effect on people :D - so why not use her? She's a strong supporter of IMSLP and designed the first two items, now available from Puffin Point Store:

IMSLP Anniversary Mug

IMSLP Anniversary T-Shirt

£2 from each item sold goes to IMSLP
emma1

Re: IMSLP Merchandise

Post by emma1 »

I really like the T-short
Is it item still avaliable to order? :)
Philidor
Groundskeeper

Post by Philidor »

emma1 wrote:I really like the T-short
Is it item still avaliable to order? :)
You bet!
andrewt
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by andrewt »

a little late to the party... I finally decided to order the mug/t shirt combo, but then I saw that shipping to the US would equal the purchase price! Is there anywhere I can buy them in the US or anyone that has extras and could ship them to me?
Philidor
Groundskeeper

Post by Philidor »

andrewt wrote:a little late to the party... I finally decided to order the mug/t shirt combo, but then I saw that shipping to the US would equal the purchase price! Is there anywhere I can buy them in the US or anyone that has extras and could ship them to me?
We need a US/Canadian agent! But we're then moving into the area of an "IMSLP Merchandising Co-op" with the North America agent receiving a handling fee. I don't think we're quite there yet in terms of volume.

Do you know anyone visiting London from North America? I'm in central London most days and would happily meet them to hand over a combo.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Check your e-mail, Philidor. I might have a solution for this....

On a related item, IMSLP now has an Amazon seller account where we are selling donated scores.
Philidor
Groundskeeper

Post by Philidor »

Carolus ~ check emails.
andrewt
regular poster

Post by andrewt »

Unfortunately the only person I know who's in London isn't coming back for awhile... hopefully something will show up here.
jemiller226
regular poster

Post by jemiller226 »

andrewt wrote:a little late to the party... I finally decided to order the mug/t shirt combo, but then I saw that shipping to the US would equal the purchase price! Is there anywhere I can buy them in the US or anyone that has extras and could ship them to me?
Likewise! I was about to buy the combo until I realized it would amount to over $50 for a shirt and a mug, and I'm not sure I'd pay that if the mug had been made of gold. :D
andrewt
regular poster

Post by andrewt »

jemiller226 wrote:
Likewise! I was about to buy the combo until I realized it would amount to over $50 for a shirt and a mug, and I'm not sure I'd pay that if the mug had been made of gold. :D
Although with the price of gold these days...
NLewis
active poster

Post by NLewis »

I've been planning to get an IMSLP tattoo... It's such a beautiful logo. I want all around my left arm.

You think the current mug design would work well? Maybe you could design something really nice just for a tattoo (maybe, or something like that). :)
Philidor
Groundskeeper

Post by Philidor »

Don't do it Nick! :shock:
IMSLP-tattoo.jpg
IMSLP-tattoo.jpg (41.05 KiB) Viewed 40923 times
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Please engage sense of taste before committing to a design, Nick.

A friend (who used to sing alto) had a traditional C clef (without stave lines, note) as a tattoo — very nicely executed too — and then said how she was disappointed by it being obsolescent upon moving up to sing soprano all the time — at which I had to geekily point out that C1 is a perfectly adequate clef for sopranos. (And if ever her voice broke and she became a tenor or baritone...)

P.
--
PML (talk)
NLewis
active poster

Post by NLewis »

What I'm thinking is to literally have the IMSLP picture that appears on the mug all the way around my forearm. The reason is that, firstly, it supports IMSLP and shows my loyalty / dedication to the site. Secondly, I think IMSLP in general is a 21st century symbol for classical music. Thirdly, the first ever printed piece of polyphonic music that would appear is, needless to say, a monumental moment in music history. I think the colors, logo, and piece of music combined, make would make a truly beautiful tattoo.

On the other arm, I want other musical symbols - a violin & bow, etc.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

NLewis wrote:The reason is that, firstly, it supports IMSLP and shows my loyalty / dedication to the site.
Are you trying to say you have more loyalty to IMSLP than the rest of us? This can't be right - let's require all sysops and other heavy contributors to get this tattoo. Better yet, let's have it branded onto all of our backs!