Windows OS IMSLP App

Posts about Padrucci and IMSLPDroid.

Moderators: Philidor, gardano

Liam Reed
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Windows OS IMSLP App

Post by Liam Reed »

I'm really interested in the potential of a Windows OS version of the IMSLP app that is currently available for iOS an Android as a sheet music reader. Nearly three months ago, I made a post on the Wiki: Feature Requests/Bug Reports forum about the possibility of a Windows version of the IMSLP app. I realised soon after that it might have been the wrong place to post which is why I am now posting here. Since then, I have tried contacting the administrators for direction on the forums, leaving reviews in the mobile app, contacting Feldmahler via email... anything and everything to try and get information about this subject but to no avail and it's making me very anxious. A Windows version of the app is definitely feasible and I think the community deserves it. I'm a believer in widely accessible design of services and I don't understand why developers of sheet music library and reader applications continue to restrict their service to the iOS and Android platforms. Would anyone here please be able to tell me anything?

Read my original post below or find it here: https://imslpforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10560
"It's very disappointing that there isn't much choice on Windows OS as to sheet music-reading and -annotation applications, at least to the quality of iOS apps such as Piascore, forScore, and digitalScore. IMSLP's iOS app looks and functions great on iPhone and it would be wonderful to see a Windows OS version of the same app for use on devices such as my Microsoft Surface Pro. One review on the Apple App Store had a developer response stating that a Windows 11 version of the app would be available at the end of the year (2022 at the time - see attached file). Is there a Windows OS version of the IMSLP app planned or in development?"
Attachments
20231007_131502000_iOS.png
20231007_131502000_iOS.png (129.19 KiB) Viewed 118593 times