API account for developing an Android application.

Posts about Padrucci and IMSLPDroid.

Moderators: Philidor, gardano

paul
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

API account for developing an Android application.

Postby paul » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:56 am

Hello,

My name is Paul and I am a third-year software engineering student. I am interested in developing an Android application to learn more about Android development. About two weeks ago, I emailed feldmahler about the possibility of acquiring an API account, but I haven't gotten a response. Is there anyone else that I can contact? The only way to use IMSLP is to do HTTP requests from the app itself, which is less than ideal. The app will be completely free with no advertisements. Thank you.

Cheers.

Choralia
Site Admin

Re: API account for developing an Android application.

Postby Choralia » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:36 am

AFAIK, API accounts and privileges for the MediaWiki software simply reflect those available for web access. So, you may invoke the API anonymously to perform functions available to anonymous users (e.g., to run read-only queries), while you may create a normal user account if you need to perform functions only available to registered users, such as page editing.

Max

KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Postby KGill » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:14 pm

According to IMSLP:API, only those with special accounts can see the documentation for the API - I'm sure OP is referring to the IMSLP-specific one written by Feldmahler, not the general MW one.

paul

Postby paul » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:38 am

KGill and Choralia, thank you for your replies. I did not know that MediaWiki has an API. It should be enough to get me started. Thanks again.

Paul.

Onlyzen

Postby Onlyzen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 am

i am new in Android development, tell me about that i understand the fundamental concepts about the Android app framework

Return to “Mobile Apps”