Posts about Padrucci and IMSLPDroid.

Moderators: Philidor, gardano

jolus
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

iPhone app: Bug in playlists playback

Post by jolus »

Dear community,
I am not even sure whether this is the right channel for this discussion, but I am willing to give it a try.

I use the IMSLP app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imslp/id1373671782 on my iPhone, mostly to listen to music. But sometimes, when I start playing a playlist, it does not use the correct order of pieces (mildly annoying), and sometimes it starts playing multiple pieces at once (very annoying). I also can't stop playback then, only by shutting down the app.
I get that regularly when listening to Album ID 74007, Beethoven Symphony 6 (Royal Flemish Philharmonic, Herreweghe), and it also happened when I listened to Album ID 67010, Wolf: Gedichte von Eduard Mörike (Henschel, Schwinghammer).

Did anybody else get that behavior? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance
Ole
jolus
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: iPhone app: Bug in playlists playback

Post by jolus »

It seems like the latest update changed the behavior. I'd even say it's an improvement, but there is still room...

Now, at least the "multiple pieces at once" does not seem to occur anymore.

But when I take said 6th Symphony, which has 5 movements, most of the time (not always, and not reproducible) it skips to the last piece in the playlist after it finishes one movement. The same happens with the Mörike Lieder.

Also, what is worth mentioning: When I start playback of a playlist on my iPhone, and I have the app open, I can double-tap on the playback area (bottom region of the screen) in order to see some album information, and to see the actual playlist. But when it skips to the last piece, the details view is closed, and can't be reopened by double-tapping (or by any other means known to me).

I am not sure whether this might be a coincidence, but I am looking forward to further updates to get rid of these bugs :-)

Thank you
Ole