An old dream put into action thanks to IMSLP

This is a forum for people to share stories about how IMSLP has helped them.

Moderators: daphnis, vinteuil

fma3110
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

An old dream put into action thanks to IMSLP

Post by fma3110 »

Hi all,
this is a Mozart fan writing from Italy.
I'm not a musician, but music has made my life richer and IMSLP enriched it further, since I believe that listening is only half of the experience: reading the score at the same time gives me always great emotions, it seems to me seeing notes coming to life just under my eyes.
In my case, it all started with the well known "Amadeus" movie and, even if many other composers have written music as great, Mozart will always have a special place in my heart.
I'm always happy to contribute to the knowledge of his music but, not being a musician, I have to try different paths: thanks again to IMSLP, I was able to put into action an old dream of mine, so, if you have an Android device, you can read about it here (if you don't own an Android smartphone or tablet, check it out all the same: I would like to know your thoughts in any case).
It's all free, as other future projects (if any) will be, because I, too, believe that music should be accessible to everyone.
If someone will ever thank me for having been the starting point for something greater, they will also have to thank IMSLP, which is mentioned in the credits at first place (well, after Mozart himself, to be honest).
I know it could be considered rather weird, but I know as well that a lifetime passion may grow out of unexpected sources.
Cheers!
fma3110
notabot: 42

Re: An old dream put into action thanks to IMSLP

Post by fma3110 »

Well, creating a midi file out of “Ihr Kinder des staubes” from Mozart's Thamos KV345 has been quite a challenge, but how satisfactory.
Thanks IMSLP!!!
Teo
regular poster
notabot: 000

Re: An old dream put into action thanks to IMSLP

Post by Teo »

This is wonderful FMA! Thanks for sharing your dream and I'll share mine!
fma3110 wrote:..if you have an Android device, you can read about it here (if you don't own an Android smartphone or tablet, check it out all the same: I would like to know your thoughts in any case).
It's all free, as other future projects (if any) will be, because I, too, believe that music should be accessible to everyone..
I haven't the device to play it on but maybe

http://mobilephoneemulator.com

can do it! I'll try that when I feel brave (might crash something). I'm looking forward to the App based on "Orgelstück für eine uhr!!!"

Like you I believe music should be accessible to everyone. When I have the time/funds/motorvation I'll try and move forward on my IMSLP inspired projects:

* Music Mine 1) List of free (& pay) online radio feeds, (like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_In ... ions#Music) with listing the extent of what's-playing-now (conductor? performer?) and availability of recent play log, plus 2) List of free (& pay) sheet music scores.

* Art Together Mixed-media multimedia presentations combining embedding music (with bar to rewind or click to a spot), with static image or image groups or scrolling image (score?) with text that has scrolling options (http://webpageexperience.com/WellBeIn is an early prototype). Collections/playlists should be sharable like Youtube's.

Wishing you every success,
Teo
;)