Long Live IMSLP!

This is a forum for people to share stories about how IMSLP has helped them.

Moderators: daphnis, vinteuil

rhymesandchymes
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Long Live IMSLP!

Post by rhymesandchymes »

Recently I received a request from a French musicologist for several of my mother's scores and recordings. Before IMSLP, the request would have plunged me into days of frenzied activity--making the recordings and the labels, copying and trimming the scores, then packaging everything super-carefully. Then I would race down to the post office, usually about 5 minutes before closing, fill out the customs forms and mail everything off, praying that nothing would break or bend on its several-thousand-mile journey.

NOW, however, I was able to simply tell my musicologist that everything she was seeking was available--for free--on IMSLP. Oh happy day--I love you IMSLP!
NLewis
active poster

Re: Long Live IMSLP!

Post by NLewis »

Thanks!
IMSLP fan

Post by IMSLP fan »

Viva!
josiemoniz

Post by josiemoniz »

rhymesandchymes wrote:Recently I received a request from a French musicologist for several of my mother's scores and recordings. Before IMSLP, the request would have plunged me into days of frenzied activity--making the recordings and the labels, copying and trimming the scores, then packaging everything super-carefully. Then I would race down to the post office, usually about 5 minutes before closing, fill out the customs forms and mail everything off, praying that nothing would break or bend on its several-thousand-mile journey.

NOW, however, I was able to simply tell my musicologist that everything she was seeking was available--for free--on IMSLP. Oh happy day--I love you IMSLP!
I'm happy for you rhymesandchymes. Imslp been a great help.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

This site is the future of for the 21st century for having easy access to unknown music in todays world; is a lifesaver to so many people and musicians who may need something on hand that is hard to get any other way than on IMSLP!
Teo
regular poster
notabot: 000

Post by Teo »

Sallen112 wrote:This site ... is a lifesaver to so many people and musicians who may need something on hand that is hard to get any other way than on IMSLP!
I soooo agree!
It is Godsent.

Viva IMSLP!
:roll: