Uploaded as Public Domain?!

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Thistle172
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Uploaded as Public Domain?!

Post by Thistle172 »

Well, here we go again: My just-uploaded file

File:PMLP1125708-23 Caprices For Solo Cello -7.pdf (the latest movement of the work located at https://imslp.org/wiki/23_Caprices_For_ ... rt)#Scores)

was accidentally uploaded as Public Domain because that was the ONLY available option in that menu. I wanted to upload it as Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License like all of my other pieces, and I figured after hitting 'submit' that it would then offer me the opportunity to clarify public domain as ACTUALLY meaning the CC-ANCSA-v4 license. But NOPE!

Thus, before it goes live, can you nice folks change it to the CC-ANCSA-v4 license like all of my other pieces?

Then, can you explain what I must have missed and why the PDF upload template page has evidently changed to ONLY allow public domain as the single REQUIRED option for a PDF upload, when I was offered the usual CCANCSA-v4 license when I uploaded the mp3 file moments before the pdf?

Thanks!
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Uploaded as Public Domain?!

Post by Sallen112 »

Maybe because you didn't even look at the other upload tool options, when your selecting the wrong tool for upload? If your selecting "Add Scan" that is your issue (because "Public Domain" is the only option). You should be selecting "New Composition" instead.

Instead of ranting about this, if you asked before uploading an item which option to choose, then I am sure you wouldn't be as frustrated?
Thistle172

Post by Thistle172 »

Wow, what a useful, informed, and kind reply.

If this is characteristic of your future possible replies, then kindly IGNORE anything I might ever say here in this forum.

Thank you
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

I didn't ignore what you said, the problem is you simply chose the wrong tool for uploading, how is this my problem because you chose the wrong tool? I am confused, sorry.