Wrong recording for BWV 921

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

cazpar
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Wrong recording for BWV 921

Post by cazpar »

One of the recordings (from the album entitled "Classic Moods") for the Bach Prelude in C Minor BWV 921 is actually a recording of the Bach Prelude in C Minor BWV 999.
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Wrong recording for BWV 921

Post by Sallen112 »

Since that is under the Commercial section, we cannot do anything about that as that is part of a separate catalogue we cannot change.
cazpar

Post by cazpar »

Apologies, I'm new here, but is it not possible for you simply to remove that entire recording from the page? It seems a bit odd for IMSLP to be hosting content over which it has no control.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

No because I assume its part of the Naxos Catelogue still and that catelogue is not controlled under us.

You can try emailing Feldmahler about it but not if its possible if it can be corrected.
cazpar

Post by cazpar »

If this information helps, the recording is on the Capriccio label; here's a reference;
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/p ... -fasch-j-f

So, perhaps part of the "BnF collection"? The track on the recording is simply listed as "Prelude in C minor", without a BWV number, thus creating the confusion somewhere. Would I still want to contact Feldmahler if it's not a Naxos release? I'm happy to do so unless this is getting tedious.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

As I said you would have to contact him to see if its possible to fix that, all I know its not possible on IMSLP's end to fix it, but a separate team that did oversee the recording categorization might be able to fix that, which I do not know if they are around to fix it.

Problem right now is he is very busy with a new website of IMSLP coming so this would be extreme low priority.