Hotteterre, Rondeau from Suite no.2

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Hotteterre, Rondeau from Suite no.2

Post by steltz »

This page:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Rondeau_(Hotteter ... MSLP227388

is an excerpt of this work:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Suite_No.2_de_pi% ... ,_Jacques)

So the files need to be moved to that page and the work page for the Rondeau deleted. However, the full suite page has the following error code under synthesized/midi recordings:

"Fatal: Internal error - copyright history for id 0 not found"

and I don't want to compound errors, so I don't want to move files until that is fixed, but I haven't the faintest idea what it means or what is causing it.

Could someone please fix that, and then I will merge the pages.

Thanks.
bsteltz
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Hotteterre, Rondeau from Suite no.2

Post by Carolus »

The error code in the recordings section is the result of there being a duplicated file which serves more than one description. I encounter this error with WIMA uploads now and again. If someone hasn't already done it, I'll move the Rondeau files and redirect the superfluous page later today.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

OK, I've moved them, but I'd like you to check that I've done it correctly.

Also, since it is open instrumentation, I'm not sure whether Jürgen Knuth's typeset qualifies as an arrangement or not. Instrumentation wasn't really specified, but Hotteterre was a flutist/recorder player.

If all is well, then I can delete the other page.
bsteltz
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

It was the second Rondeau that Knuth typeset. Good job moving. Redirect now done. This is the type of thing that can easily drive one crazy (un-sourced excerpts). Good catch.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Thanks. Sadly, I'm finding this a lot with the Icking files. When I've messaged people to find out what something is from, sometimes they answer, but don't remember where it's from. It is really slowing the tagging down to do this research before tagging, but if it gets tagged without doing that, inevitably the tag will be wrong, and it gets lost in the ether, because it doesn't come up on any list of items still to be researched. At least if it stays untagged, I know to try to find the original.
bsteltz
lurchi

Same issue with M. Altenburg, Intraden

Post by lurchi »

I encountered the same issue in http://www.imslp.org/wiki/Neuer_lieblic ... Michael%29 , No. XVI. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA, Ulrich
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

This is the same type of error -- caused by multiple file names that are the same.

I guessed at what they should be and changed them, but that generated a different error code, so I changed them back, and all of a sudden the page is not generating an error code any more. I tried downloading a file just to make sure it worked, and it did.

Don't know what I did but it seems to have kickstarted the correct behaviour. :D

[Edit] Just tried this with the Hotteterre -- naming to different (wrong) name, then naming it back to original (duplicated) name. Now this page works as well. Bizarre behaviour, but as long as it works . . .
bsteltz