Strange message when trying to imort files

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Schneidy
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Strange message when trying to imort files

Post by Schneidy »

Dear All,

I've jsut tried to upload 12 files here (lesson 25 to 36) :http://imslp.org/wiki/Las_Primeras_Lecc ... MSLP269427
10 went fine but for two of them (lesson 26 and 34) this strange message appeared :

Code: Select all

Impossible de renommer le fichier « temp/d/da/20130212222435!20130212222400!phptwIfSW.pdf » en « public/f/fb/PMLP417963-SagrerasLecon034.pdf ».
I've finally uploaded those two files via "import new file" but now the file name has not the usual "PMLP417963" in front of the file name.
As soon as I'm trying to rename those file with "PMLP417963" in front the same strange message appears.

[EDIT] I've just understood that I'm an idiot and that this message appears because I've uploaded more than 10 files in one time :oops:
Sorry for that.
Eric
active poster

Re: Strange message when trying to imort files

Post by Eric »

No, no, you're not an idiot, or we are both idiots together... same here, "Error: Could not rename file "/tmp/phpy1Qa20" to "public/f/fc/PMLP436578-BuhlerMissaPastoritiaOpus8Canto.pdf""

So it isn't just me, and isn't necessarily just something wrong with the file I'm uploading. (And I only tried to upload 5 files. And the same error message then occurred when I tried to upload this one separately, by itself, seul(e?)...

No, something is going on and no mistake.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Hrm, the programmers may have fixed it now. Not easy, this stuff, my hat off to them...
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Yesterday I obtained the same message when adding the score at http://imslp.org/wiki/Cabaletta,_Op.83_ ... 3%A9odore)
I made another attempt after having slightly changed the file name and it worked fine. Could this message come when you add a score with a name that already exists?
Schneidy
regular poster

Post by Schneidy »

coulonnus wrote:[...] Could this message come when you add a score with a name that already exists?
I don't think so ; actually I thouhgt the same thing yesterday and checked : No files had the name that I've sent.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

This bug was the result of the recent server upgrade, and has been fixed. Please report on the forums if you run into any other issues.
Keanur

Post by Keanur »

Since yesterday, Feb 12, constantly , but not in every case, I cannot upload files correctly, the server stubbornly refuses to accept them. My last try was to replace a PDF file by a corrected one - I've done this many many times before - but I always get this message : Could not rename file "public/9/90/PMLP87960-Long_Lesson_1.pdf" to "public/archive/9/90/20130213193903!PMLP87960-Long_Lesson_1.pdf".

What's going on?
Schneidy
regular poster

Post by Schneidy »

I confirm; I had the same message for the same action but since this morning everything seems OK.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Yes, this bug was fixed last night. Basically, this is a separate bug from the previous one (which I said was fixed above). The previous bug was only for moving files into /f/, this bug was only for moving files into /archive/.

The reason for these bugs is because, prior to the upgrade this past weekend, IMSLP was running out of space on the server. Unfortunately, the upgrade introduced unanticipated bugs in the storage system.

All known outstanding issues should be resolved right now; please tell me if you run into any more problems.