Unable to upload from Add File page

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Sentle
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Unable to upload from Add File page

Post by Sentle »

Yesterday evening and this morning, I've tried to upload three pieces (Due Bottesintrade, Plainsong Agnus and Plainsong Gloria, the first >2mb, the second >6mb, the third >21mb). I've filled up the Add Compositions form as usual, then filled in the Add Files page and clicked Submit, as usual (as in the last 38 uploads done last autumn). Each time (that is 8 times in all) after 20-30 minutes showing "Connecting" and "waiting for imslp.org... the connection has been terminated. Have I been banned? or is there something new of which I am unaware?
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Unable to upload from Add File page

Post by vinteuil »

My first two assumptions would be: a) that it was a temporary problem with the IMSLP server (have you tried again?) b) that it was a temporary problem with your computer or network. Have you tried uploading to other websites (email attachments, etc.) recently?
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Sentle

Post by Sentle »

Thanks for the reply. I've tried 9 times with the same result, although uploading Thumbnail and Sample jpg files worked without problem. Will try from another computer / network later today...
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

What type of browser are you using? Do you have a fast (or slow) internet connection? Also what type of OS are you running? Are you having problems accessing other websites? I could also be a problem with your router/modem. Have you tried a different browser? I know IE can have issues with IMSLP but Chrome and Firefox do work well.
Raybird

Post by Raybird »

I have a similar problem... having successfully uploaded 8 large piano works in pdf, every time I try to upload a jpg (preceded with TN- ) file for the thumbnail, I receive a message in red to the effect : incorrect type, too large etc.

Any help much appreciated.