Failing to update parts

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

klop422
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Failing to update parts

Post by klop422 »

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, so correct me if I'm wrong.
I've tried to update the parts for my second string quartet, but, for some reason, they won't quite update, even after a week's time.
Strangely, opening the file occasionally gives me the new version, but mostly the first version. Opening older versions which previously didn't work (excluding the first, of course), gives me the updated version, but reverting back to these versions (as I tried with the 'cello part) does not work. Even stranger, after reverting, the previously dysfunctional file now works properly.
Also, opening the file page (clicking on the number beneath the download link) will give me a preview of the right file.

Is there a way to fix this, or could someone do it for me? If not, could an admin just delete the files for me and I'll replace them? The download counter isn't the most accurate either, since most of those are my own attempts at trying to get the new file to load.
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Failing to update parts

Post by coulonnus »

Here I see for Violin 1: 28 October 2016 with the comment "Apparently the previous attempt at an update did nothing" If this is not enough could you please give a bar number and which note changed in the correction?
klop422

Post by klop422 »

Do you see a previous version?
If not, it is supposed to look nicer, for example:
The title of the piece should be above the I which signifies the first movement. It should say:

String Quartet No. 2
in E Minor
I

in all the parts but the 'cello.
Also, all four should have a rest in the last bar of the first page, without a V.S. written in the corner.
klop422

Post by klop422 »

After some thought, I would like someone to (if possible) delete the parts for this piece, after which I shall reupload them. I have decided this for two reasons:

1. The issue stated in my first post, which doesn't seem to be resolving
2. The download counter, which has skyrocketed because of my constant checking and rechecking of the files to check they've worked.

Once done, could whoever deletes these notify me, so that I can reupload the files as promptly as possible?