How do I remove a misleading tag from a work sheet?

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Iversen
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

How do I remove a misleading tag from a work sheet?

Post by Iversen »

I have uploaded a suite which was written for orchestra, but I would like to make some changes to the instrumentation before I publish that version. In the meantime I have published (http://imslp.org/wiki/Christmas_Suite,_ ... Legarth%29) a piano version of it as an independent work, and the plan was to add a score tab and remove the remark about 'piano version' from the work title when (or if) I publish the orchestral version.

The thing that bothers me is that the piece has been tagged as "For piano (arr); For 1 player; Scores featuring the piano". No. 1 and 2 are OK, but there is not a piano in the orchestral so I would like to remove that tag. However I can only se how I add a tag, not how I can remove one - if I click on the offending tag it shows me the works that actually have a score that includes a piano. Actually it seems that the tag is supplied automatically. Or is there some hidden trick I could use?

The same tag is found at another of my works (http://imslp.org/wiki/Weird_Small_Piece ... Legarth%29), where I have published the score, parts and a piano version. Again the tags "For piano (arr); For 1 player;" are OK, but the original version does not feature a piano. For me the tag should be reserved for pieces which actually use a piano alongside other instruments.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: How do I remove a misleading tag from a work sheet?

Post by Carolus »

The tagging system covers arrangements as well as the original version. As the librarians will no doubt inform you if you start messing with them - you should leave tags alone unless you are on the library team.