Why is IMSLP deviating from normal practice of writing Opus numbers?

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Why is IMSLP deviating from normal practice of writing Opus numbers?

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

I would be grateful if someone can kindly explain to me why IMSLP is deviating from the normal way of writing Opus numbers. Everyone including Wikipaedia put a space between Op. and the number. I was asked to write it without the space as one word. Because IMSLP has a different way of writing it, I will write it as I was asked to do , but if someone does not explain to me the reason why IMSLP deviate from the normal way, I will be doing it with a BIG protest.
jossuk
active poster

Re: Why is IMSLP deviating from normal practice of writing Opus numbers?

Post by jossuk »

I asked this same question several (or more) years ago; the answer: no space between Op. and the number in order to keep the two parts together on one line, rather than have them separated because of a line break.
Zeyar Shwe
active poster

Re: Why is IMSLP deviating from normal practice of writing Opus numbers?

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Thank you very much for the reply.If the title is long it is understandable. But most of the titles are short and will go on one line -even with an extra space. If there is no line break, why cannot we write it the usual way as everyone else does? To me , all this appears arbitrary which is OK for ordinary persons like me. But for a big reputable organisation like the IMSLP , arbitrariness to me is not good.

Also, please the administrators, if an uploader write the Opus no the usual way, it is alright to point out that IMSLP does it in a different way. But please do not send a message with an implication that the uploader is doing something wrong.