Composer mixed up with his brother (Labro)

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

bicinium
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Composer mixed up with his brother (Labro)

Post by bicinium »

There are two brothers (source):
Charles Labro (1810-1882), contrabassist, composer, and conservatory professor.
Antoine Auguste Labro (1817-1887), who doesn't seem to have written any music.

On IMSLP, Charles Labro's compositions are attributed to Antoine Auguste:
https://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Labro,_Antoine_Auguste

You can see 'C. Labro' on the cover of each of those works. The BNF specifies Charles Labro as the author, as well (I've added permalinks).

Can someone 'move' the composer page? I don't think I'm empowered to do so.
bicinium
active poster

Re: Composer mixed up with his brother (Labro)

Post by bicinium »

bicinium wrote:I don't think I'm empowered to do so.
Apparantly I do have the necessary permissions, if I do it the same way Cypressdome moved the Edouard Nanny composer page (make a new composer page, copy paste, make the old redirect to the new, and move all individual work pages). I'll gladly do this with Labro, if someone gives me the go-ahead (in case this kind of operation is rather left to more experienced users).
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

In this particular case I would say create the new composer and move the three concertinos to his category and then we should delete the Antoine Auguste Labro category since our intention isn't to equate the two people as being one and the same as was the case with Edouard Nanny and Édouard Nanny. Should a work by Antoine Auguste Labro ever be added his category page can be recreated. You won't have the authority to delete the category page so simply edit it and use the Delete template to request the page be deleted as re-directing it to Charles Labro would not be correct.
bicinium
active poster

Post by bicinium »

cypressdome wrote:In this particular case I would say create the new composer and move the three concertinos to his category and then we should delete the Antoine Auguste Labro category since our intention isn't to equate the two people as being one and the same as was the case with Edouard Nanny and Édouard Nanny. Should a work by Antoine Auguste Labro ever be added his category page can be recreated. You won't have the authority to delete the category page so simply edit it and use the Delete template to request the page be deleted as re-directing it to Charles Labro would not be correct.
Done. Thank you for your help (and to Schalltrichter, too, for uploading these solo works for double bass that I may not have discovered otherwise)