Picture: Melbourne as seen from the bushfire areas

Moderator: kcleung

aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Picture: Melbourne as seen from the bushfire areas

Post by aldona »

This is a view of Melbourne as seen from the completely burnt-out area of Kinglake West.

Just thought I'd post this so you all knew why I haven't been around on the forum much.

I'm OK and my home is not under threat at the moment, but if the two big fires had joined up yesterday (like they were threatening to do, with only 18km between them) we would have had a ring of fire most of the way around Monbulk (where I work).

It's all rather chaotic here, as everybody knows someone who has been affected and most people have friends or family whom they are anxiously awaiting news from. Also, some of our doctors have been out doing emergency stuff in the disaster area so the rest of us have to work harder here at the clinic.

Will hopefully update more in the next couple of days, back to work now.

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by pml »

Hi Aldona,

I guessed as much, though I wouldn't like to commute to work out there on a 40+ degree day at present. That photo is pretty stark.

I hope all your news continues to be good news.

Keep safe - regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)