Not your usual orchestra performance...

Moderator: kcleung

SeanMartin
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Not your usual orchestra performance...

Post by SeanMartin »

... not by a long shot. But at the same time, I'm sure that, even for a joke piece, this posed a whole raft of interesting musical and technical challenges. Check the video of the full performance (which is about four minutes long) and see if you arent as impressed as I was with how he took such raw materials and made them, oddly enough, work, albeit in a strange sort of way.

http://www.catcerto.com/index.htm
allegroamabile
active poster

Re: Not your usual orchestra performance...

Post by allegroamabile »

:lol:

Just great... The music was very pleasing to listen to as well!

Maybe the next thing they should try is train the cat to play the clarinet part in Peter and the Wolf!
JohnEB

Post by JohnEB »

:lol:
That was awesome.

I loved how Nora looked at the cat with yellow fur until it went away and then started playing.
Piano Concerto Enthusiast =)
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

I really love it! I'm not usually a huge fan of this style of music (what would you call it - aleatoric? minimalist? impressionist?), but I think Nora has won me over. Not to mention the clever composer who has managed to construct an orchestral score around her improvisations.

I have forwarded the link to all of my music-loving friends.

aldona
(goes off to supplement extensive Schubert collection with some Bartok, Debussy, Satie, Stockhausen, et al.)
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis