Can anybody help me to find this book?

Moderator: kcleung

holaatodos
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Can anybody help me to find this book?

Post by holaatodos »

Hi I know maybe this isn't the right place for a question of this kind, but I'm looking for a book which my piano teacher has recommended to me and I can't find it except on Amazon.com.

The book I'm looking for is "Famous Pianists & Their Technique" by Reginald Gerig. I'm Spanish, so if you know where I can find it in Spanish please tell me. I read it isn't printed nowadays, so if anybody knows where can i download it or read it on the internet i would also be really pleased.

I don't know the publishing house, so if anybody has read it please tell it to me so i can at least look for it in shops which can contact with the publishing house.

Thank you for your attenttion
reinhold
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Can anybody help me to find this book?

Post by reinhold »

holaatodos wrote:Hi I know maybe this isn't the right place for a question of this kind, but I'm looking for a book which my piano teacher has recommended to me and I can't find it except on Amazon.com.

The book I'm looking for is "Famous Pianists & Their Technique" by Reginald Gerig.
So, you have found it... That book was published 2007 by Indiana University Press, so it is of course still protected by copyright. I'm afraid you'll have to buy it yourself at amazon or any other book dealer of your choice. I don't think it has been translated to Spanish..
holaatodos
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Can anybody help me to find this book?

Post by holaatodos »

Yes, you are right, I also think it isn't avalaible in Spanish. My teacher has said to me he heard from someone who had found it in Spanish on the Internet, but I don't think so.

I have contacted with some shops but they said they can't get books from America and the last publication isn't in Europe.
Anyway, I know someone who can bring it to me. Do you think is it really difficult to understand for a "non-original" English speaker?

Thank you for your help, reinhold.