Moderator: kcleung

Sfan00
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Musical inspiration for radio science ?

Post by Sfan00 »

Hi

(This is going in off-topic for now as I wasn't sure where to place it)

I'm looking into adapting some Wikipedia article on The Sun and Solar System into an audio format, and would like to include an appropriate score.
(Yes I know I could use Holst, but I wanted to be slightly more creative than that, especially for things like moons and comets.)

The only real limitation is (for reason to do with Wikimedia Commons) that suggested musical arrangments are license compatible with CC-BY-SA.

I'm mentioning this now, so that the musical scoring, and voice narration can be developed in tandem as opposed to trying to fit an audio-narration over music or vice versa.

Thanks in advance :)
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Musical inspiration for radio science ?

Post by KGill »

So this is the project that you were talking about earlier, then? Do you have specific objects in mind, or are you going for now with Philip's top recommendations? Also, have you worked out a deadline yet, by any chance? Sorry for all the questions, but if I'm going to attempt to find the time to help out then I would feel a little more comfortable with some specs :) Or are you mainly looking for an already-composed work?
Sfan00
regular poster

Re: Musical inspiration for radio science ?

Post by Sfan00 »

KGill wrote:So this is the project that you were talking about earlier, then? Do you have specific objects in mind, or are you going for now with Philip's top recommendations? Also, have you worked out a deadline yet, by any chance? Sorry for all the questions, but if I'm going to attempt to find the time to help out then I would feel a little more comfortable with some specs :) Or are you mainly looking for an already-composed work?
This only partly relates to the earlier thread, Ideally I was looking for 'existing' works (in public domain) so I could do my own arranging with advice from the group as needed (despite the fact I am a musical noob).

In terms of a series, I'd need the astronomer here to advise on what I should cover (which would essentially be a list of Wikipedia articles I need to draw material from).