how to convert PDF to MS Word?

Moderator: kcleung

brim
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

how to convert PDF to MS Word?

Post by brim »

Can anyone tell me how to convert PDF to Ms word ??
coulonnus
active poster

Re: how to convert PDF to MS Word?

Post by coulonnus »

If your pdf has more than 1 page, split it into single pages with pdftk. Type
pdftk mypdf.pdf burst output p%1d.pdf and you will obtain p1.pdf, p2.pdf etc.

Convert these single pdf pages into jpg with Imagemagick: convert -density 300 p1.pdf p1.jpg. You will have to research to right density so you don't loose any resolution.

Create a new MS-word document and click on Insert, Image, File, p1.jpg. The your first page should show up in your Word document. You can change its size with a mouse right-click.
Lanky

Post by Lanky »

I have used these two websites below and have found then very helpful in converting just about any document.

www.convertpdftoword.org
www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/

Goodluck :D
candicecao

Post by candicecao »

There’s a easy and free way, just go to docs.google.com, click the upload button to upload your pdf file. Remember to check the option "Convert text from PDF or image files to Google Docs documents " before you click the “start upload” button. After the upload is done you can find the converted file on your Google Docs, now copy the texts to an empty word file, done! With this method you can also convert pdf to ppt if you copy the converted tsts to your empty ppt file.
Or you can simply use a converter which will save you a lot of time and trouble. To find out how to convert pdf to word on mac you can also go to adobe’s website.
thyui

Post by thyui »

I think PDF conversion programmes can enable to quickly convert files. i have use PDF converter which can original layouts hyperlinks, Images and tables retained in word ,text, image, Epub, html.but i forgot download the wedsite ,go to google. By the way , pay attention to your system platform, select the suitable one . I use a PDF converter driver found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable converter option.Then you can convert PDFs to many forms in any program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open a PDF, select convert, and choice a form you want, then you can dopdf to word conversion and vice versa,the task will be finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice , you can have a try. best wishes.
cunhaefc

Post by cunhaefc »

Well another option is to copy and paste from the pdf to a microsoft word document. Of course, this only works if you only have a text pdf and formatting might take a little work. Otherwise, the pdf converters suggested by lanky work great.