PDF pages always blank

Moderator: kcleung

geebo2b
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

PDF pages always blank

Post by geebo2b »

Running Firefox 12.0. Have installed any/all of latest PDF readers for Firefox. When I access any page for a download: all that is displayed is a blank white page.

I have tried IMSLP on Safari and when I access the download page all I get is a black Blank page.

Using MAc 10.6.8 on an Intel IMAC 3.5GHZ processor.

Very frustrating. I have tried everything I know but the download pages all come up blank. I see no support or help site listed(understandable) but I am stumped completely.

Any help to be able to use IMSLP will be greatly appreciated.
steltz
active poster

Re: PDF pages always blank

Post by steltz »

I've only had that happen a couple of times, and I seem to remember that when I tried to scroll down, the problem cleared up. Failing that, someone else will have to help.
bsteltz
geebo2b

Post by geebo2b »

Thank you for your response.

I will try some way to scroll down..there is no scroll bar on those blank pages. It is blank from boundry to boundry
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Suggestion: right-click the link and select "save target as...". This will download the pdf file onto your computer. Then you can open it locally. This download process is more robust with respect to opening the file in your browser directly, especially for large files.

Max
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

geebo2b wrote:there is no scroll bar on those blank pages. It is blank from boundry to boundry
Try the page down key on your keyboard.

That said, Choralia's suggestion is a good one, so try that first.
bsteltz
chimark
regular poster

Post by chimark »

For some PDF files, Preview has issues rendering them and renders a blank page instead. Open with Adobe Reader and the problem goes away.