Telemann TWV 52:e1

Moderator: kcleung

Ashbourne
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Telemann TWV 52:e1

Post by Ashbourne »

There is no music for the parts, only jumbled letters. It's as if my computer (Windows XP) does not understand the code. Can you help, please ?
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: Telemann TWV 52:e1

Post by Choralia »

The pdf file is OK on my computer. It makes use of a font named capella3. This font should be embedded in the file itself, however maybe something goes wrong with it on your computer. I would suggest to download the font from the Capella website and install it on your computer. Hopefully this solves the problem.

Max
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

The difference makes the "left click" or "right click". If you do the first one, the pdf opens as application in your browser and this often doesn´t work. If you do the
second one and safe the file on your computer and open it afterwards, everything looks fine.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Starting from the strange pdf file (recorder part) with Firefox:
http://conquest.imslp.info/files/imglnk ... corder.pdf I clicked on File (top left of the Firefox window), Save as ... and I obtained the right musical symbols when I re-open this file.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

Yes, the problem is only the browser embedded pdf application. I had the impression,that this occurs more often after the last firefox update.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Notenschreiber wrote:I had the impression,that this occurs more often after the last firefox update.
Yes. With my other computer that still has Acrobat 6.0 the symbols are correct at the first mouse click. If I may increase the off-topic-ness: :-) are all new versions of software in all domains always better than old ones?