Weber trio op 63

Moderator: kcleung

pierruel
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Weber trio op 63

Post by pierruel »

Hello ! A question: and a New Post Scriptum
I bought the trio for flute, cello and piano by CM von Weber in the Peters Edition, which is the one I found on IMSLP too. On bar 68 for instance (flute part) there are 11 semi-quaver (? I mean "doubles-croches" sorry :) ) which are bound two by two; on bar 73 the text is exactly the same but all staccato. I borrowed a CD record by the Gaudier Ensemble and I hear clearly that the flutist plays bar 68 all staccato as well as other places with similar text (bars 70, 149, 172 for instance). Does anybody have an "Urtext" Edition of the work, for instance by Bärenreiter or Henle ? I would like very much to know what Weber wrote really.
Thank you for any advice.
Friendly regards
Pierre
Post Scriptum: I have another question about the same work (and havn't get any answer on the first one): in the 4th movement, first bar after letter G, my Peters Edition (on IMSLP too) gives a C sharp and a B natural (or bécarre, I don't know the word in English) while the Henle edition of our pianist, "Urtext edition", gives a normal C and a B flat. Most of the recordings we have heard play the first text and to my ear the second one sounds really funny (peculiar). Do somebody know what is the version of the manuscript or the last editon revised by Weber himself ?

Third question: Yesterday I had forgotten about this forum and I made a notice about this text discrepancy on the "Discussion" page of the Weber trio score but this morning I can't find anywhere my notice and an eventual commentary. What happened ?
Thank you everybody
Best regards
Pierre
Last edited by pierruel on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Weber trio op 63

Post by steltz »

My university library does have the urtext of this, I'm pretty sure, but I'm examining for the next two days, so unless I get an extra long lunch, I won't be able to look until Monday.

If anyone else has an urtext to hand and can answer sooner, I'm sure it would be appreciated.
bsteltz