WHY IS THERE NO MUSIC BY SHOSTAKOVITCH ON THIS SITE??!???!?!

Moderator: kcleung

bachrocks1312

WHY IS THERE NO MUSIC BY SHOSTAKOVITCH ON THIS SITE??!???!?!

Post by bachrocks1312 »

Hi Everyone,

I've used this site before with great enjoyment and just signed in as a user....I find it very shameful that nothing by Dmitri Shostakovitch has been posted - I know that he's not as well known as some other composers but this is really quite pathetic...his stuff is wonderful and deserves to be played and noticed. I don't have any sheetmusic of his work but if I do get a hold of some I'll be sure to put it on....please e-mail me at mark.rossnagel@gmail.com if you post anything by Shostakovitch. Thanks!!!

M.R.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

If you get ahold of some of his scores please do us all a favor and do NOT upload them. The lack of Shostakovich on this site is due to the fact that he is not in the public domain anywhere in the world as he died in 1975.
bachrocks1312

Post by bachrocks1312 »

OH!!!! Thanks so much for letting me know! I had no idea....that's where a loud mouth gets you.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Please don't shout in your posts in the future (such as the title), this is considered rude on forums.

Also:
I know that he's not as well known as some other composers but this is really quite pathetic
He is more well known than most of the composers on IMSLP.
Vivaldi
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Vivaldi »

And although a few of his works that were published before 1923 maybe PD in the US, the fact that IMSLP is hosted in Canada makes these works impossible to be uploaded to IMSLP (the Canadian server at least) as well.