uploading pdf's created from Sibelius, from Pd files, part of the work, not whole

Moderator: kcleung

Steve Martin
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

uploading pdf's created from Sibelius, from Pd files, part of the work, not whole

Post by Steve Martin »

Hi to to the forum,

I recently needed the William Tell score arranged for piano and two pianos for a piece of music, and I made sure the versions I used to create them were unquestionably all public domain, with no editing question etc. As I only needed the most famous last section of the overture, I only engraved that part. So I was thinking that they could be helpful for others, being the Gottschalk piano duet version and the Liszt piano solo version, plus also the piano condensed score that comes from the Sullivan vocal score.
As they are only the second part, would there be any point in me uploading them and making them free for distribution? I would make them public domain with no need for citing them if used in projects. I'm also happy to upload the Sibelius scores, and I could export them as .xml files so they can be opened in other notation scores, Dorico, Finale, Muse etc.

Thanks,

Steve