This site came to mind when I read this

Moderator: kcleung

Melodia
active poster

This site came to mind when I read this

Post by Melodia »

http://notalwaysright.com/not-bad-for-a ... d-guy/1126

It's on topic, surprisingly. I actually wonder if the poster was in the right or not...
horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by horndude77 »

I remember participating in a concerto competition where we were required to make 3 copies of the score (one for each judge). I went to the local copy shop and was given the same line from the worker there. I remember that convincing them to let me copy it wasn't terribly easy. Have copy stores had enough litigation against them that they train their employees to assume all scores are copyright?

In any case trying to convince them that you're Rimsky-Korsakov isn't the best idea.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Unless of course, you're name is indeed Rimsky-Korsakov (same name, different person and time).
sixhobbits
regular poster

Post by sixhobbits »

I once needed to give two copies of my piece (sonata Pathetique) to judges at a music competition. Of course I printed them off IMSLP. After the competition they told me that I couldn't have my scores back, as they had to destroy them for copyright reasons. :) Ironic?
Lana Plahina

Re: This site came to mind when I read this

Post by Lana Plahina »

Melodia wrote:http://notalwaysright.com/not-bad-for-a ... d-guy/1126

It's on topic, surprisingly. I actually wonder if the poster was in the right or not...
Ohh, I came to late! This post's disappeared. :? Could someone shortly tell, what was it about?
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

Huh, I didn't realize that site purged its archives.

Basically, someone went to, I believe a Kinkos or some place similar, wanting to copy some Rimsky-Korsakov music. The employee (the one who was telling the story) said it'd be illegal -- which as we know is not nessesarily true. But the customer said it was his...SOMETHING like that...alas it was too long ago :(