Stravinsky, Barber And Goldmark Violin Concerti

Moderator: kcleung

Korobushka

Stravinsky, Barber And Goldmark Violin Concerti

Post by Korobushka »

Hi Im new here to the Forum...

Does anyone have the Stravinsky,Barber or the Goldmark Concerti? I Have the shostakovich violin concerto no 1 but I havent scanned it. But as soon as I do i will upload it. That is if it is legal but If it is not I can email to whoever

Thanks
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I doubt any are in copyright, and emailing would also be illegal.

not saying I don't want it hint hint.

On an unrelated topic, if you are ever in need to give me anything... legal... yeh.... arcticwind7 at hotmail dot com
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Stravinsky, Barber and Shostakovich are all under copyright worldwide. Goldmark could be free but we'd need to know particulars of first date of publication.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

The Goldmark concerto was written around 1877 and published pre-1900 by Schweers & Haake, but the more notable edition was published in 1922 by Carl Fischer and edited by Leopold Auer. So depending on when Auer died it might be PD in the US. Goldmark died in 1915 so this should be PD elsewhere unless I'm mistaken. The orchestral score for the concerto was taken up and reprinted by Kalmus thus putting it in the public domain.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

If the Auer edition was published in 1922, it's public domain in the US regardless of when Auer died (1930). In short, it's free everywhere. Post away!
Korobushka

Post by Korobushka »

Carolus wrote:If the Auer edition was published in 1922, it's public domain in the US regardless of when Auer died (1930). In short, it's free everywhere. Post away!
yah but does anyone have it?
Korobushka

Post by Korobushka »

Does anyone have the Szymanowski violin concerti? They are in PD I think, He died late 30's and they were written early 1900's