Taking images from Library websites?

Moderator: kcleung

Irishmaestro
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Taking images from Library websites?

Post by Irishmaestro »

Does anyone know if it's possible to extract good-quality images (or, indeed, any images at all) from the culture.besançon.fr website? There's some great stuff on there, including the 1717 edition of Couperin's L'Art de Toucher le Clavecin. The site has a download option, but the quality of what it generates is rather low.
sbeckmesser
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Taking images from Library websites?

Post by sbeckmesser »

Why further bother the French? There's a perfectly legible version of the Couperin at IMSLP.

http://216.129.110.22/files/imglnks/usi ... uperin.pdf

And, unlike other new typesets of Baroque music available at IMSLP, the ones for this work are pretty good, as is the Oiseau-Lyre edition.

--Sixtus
Irishmaestro
forum adept

Post by Irishmaestro »

sbeckmesser wrote:Why further bother the French? There's a perfectly legible version of the Couperin at IMSLP.

http://216.129.110.22/files/imglnks/usi ... uperin.pdf

And, unlike other new typesets of Baroque music available at IMSLP, the ones for this work are pretty good, as is the Oiseau-Lyre edition.

--Sixtus
The Facsimile already up on IMSLP is of the 1716 edition. The book was revised in 1717 to include observations on the Second Livre probably published in 1716\17. Personally, I much prefer to work from facsimiles than from modern editions - I thought the 1717 edition would be a useful addition to IMSLP.
kalliwoda
active poster

Post by kalliwoda »

This seems to be yet another tile-based system, but very different from ThULB, BLB Karlsruhe or Cons. Milano.
The tiles are much larger than in the other systems (512x512 pixel). At max resolution, there are 48 jpg-tiles per page that I can identify using the activity-function on my mac (alt-command-A). So these scans are about 4000x3000 pixel per page.
Clicking on any of the tile-url's in the activity window opens a new browser window with the corresponding jpeg picture, and it should be easy to download all 48 with Curl or a similar program.
I am sure someone more computer-savvy than me can write a script to automatically assemble pages from these tiles.

Alternative: Screencapture using a large monitor, and assembling 24 screencaptures to get 1 page :x