Tutti Mozart Youtube Channel

Moderator: kcleung

Sallen112
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Tutti Mozart Youtube Channel

Post by Sallen112 »

I just encountered this Youtube channel below and the host of the channel is doing something really special for Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6djJK ... uttiMozart

His main goal and project is to record all the works of Mozart (over a 10 year piece from 2015, started last year) in chronological order, which is an extremely ambitious project! It looks like he is recording these in Vienna. He is playing every single piece on authentic instruments according to research done on every piece of what every piece was played on (approximately), including tempi, tuning, etc. Also he gives a small analysis on every piece, which is really great to know the exact details. He is releasing a video every week by the looks of it of a set group of pieces that are related.

Kudos to him for doing such a massive project, really interested to see how he'll pull off the larger scale works (Symphonies, Masses, etc.) later on in the project. You can follow each of his videos in accordance to our workpages and files already on the site.
Melodia
active poster

Re: Tutti Mozart Youtube Channel

Post by Melodia »

Well I watched most of the videos sans the 'notebook' ones....
They are going at a really really slow pace, so unless they really step up the frequency and release stuff in blocks of many pieces, even 10 years wil only scratch the surface.

That said, I absolutely love the way they are doing it -- it's so perfect, giving context and analysis. Plus there's already been one world premiere recording with another on the way...

All that said, does anyone know any other YT channels that try to do similar things? Especially not sticking to the most well known works of [whatever composer]?
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Sallen112 wrote:You can follow each of his videos in accordance to our workpages and files already on the site.
Thanks. Is there a template in our Mozart workpages to rapidly find these with a link to one of these videos?
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

Here: http://imslp.org/wiki/Template:YT

For Example the latest video (template doesn't work on the forums): {{YT|fq6gZI4zwUY&ab|The mystery of the KV 284e}}.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

Melodia wrote:Well I watched most of the videos sans the 'notebook' ones....
They are going at a really really slow pace, so unless they really step up the frequency and release stuff in blocks of many pieces, even 10 years wil only scratch the surface.

That said, I absolutely love the way they are doing it -- it's so perfect, giving context and analysis. Plus there's already been one world premiere recording with another on the way...

All that said, does anyone know any other YT channels that try to do similar things? Especially not sticking to the most well known works of [whatever composer]?
I definitely agree with you about how he is doing the videos, its unfortinate he slowed down alot, I assume life things have gotten in the way of his channel.

Plus he is doing a premier on December 2nd of a rediscovered flute concerto by Mozart, that was lost for ages up until now.