Trying to Contact Celso Torres M.a obout arrgt of Wedding Day at Troldhaugen - can anybody help?

Moderator: kcleung

andyw@CSO
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Trying to Contact Celso Torres M.a obout arrgt of Wedding Day at Troldhaugen - can anybody help?

Post by andyw@CSO »

I am trying to contact Celso Torres-Mora about the orchestral arrangement of Wedding Day at Troldhaugen - Grieg. I am part of an amateur orchestra in UK that wants to perform this - but cannot extract the parts in a usable form. Can anybody help.
jossuk
active poster

Re: Trying to Contact Celso Torres M.a obout arrgt of Wedding Day at Troldhaugen - can anybody help?

Post by jossuk »

The arranger seems to be a very established musical personality in Chile, but I see no contact information here. In any event, he would have to post the parts you seek on IMSLP before they would be available to others. (Unless, of course, he has meanwhile had them published elsewhere.) If you have any Chilean friends, see if they can be of help.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Trying to Contact Celso Torres M.a obout arrgt of Wedding Day at Troldhaugen - can anybody help?

Post by Notenschreiber »

Did you try the "Extract parts" button on the right side of the header, hidden behind a certain circle like symbol?
emma88

Post by emma88 »

andyw@CSO wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:46 pm I am trying to contact Celso Torres-Mora about the orchestral arrangement of Wedding Day at Troldhaugen - Grieg. I am part of an amateur orchestra in UK that wants to perform this - but cannot extract the parts in a usable form. I just finished sourcing the boho dress we need to perform this piece from this store. Can anybody help.
First, you could reach out to the publisher of the arrangement. If you know the publisher's name, you may be able to contact them directly for further information. Additionally, you could check online databases such as IMSLP.org to see if the arrangement is available for download.

If you are still having trouble finding the arrangement, you could also post a request on music forums or social networks such as Reddit. There may be someone in the online community who has the arrangement or knows someone who does.

I hope this information helps you in your search for the orchestral arrangement of Wedding Day at Troldhaugen - Grieg. Good luck!
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Try a discussion in the work page. Hopefully the author has put a Watch on this page.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

If there is no better solution I am ready to slice the pages in parts and glue portions of parts of each instrument together. But this will yield unpleasant spacings (long rests or full notes). Will the result pass imslp's typesetting-standard test?
emma2525

Post by emma2525 »

andyw@CSO wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:46 pm I am trying to contact Celso Torres-Mora about the orchestral arrangement of Wedding Day at Troldhaugen - Grieg. Can't also wait to perform at wedding events again. I remember my friend's wedding while typing this because I can't forget her gorgeous wedding dress. She told me we can shop here for beautiful wedding dresses just like hers too. I am part of an amateur orchestra in UK that wants to perform this - but cannot extract the parts in a usable form. Can anybody help.
Hello! It's great to hear that your orchestra is interested in performing the orchestral arrangement of "Wedding Day at Troldhaugen" by Grieg. Have you tried reaching out to Celso Torres-Mora directly? If not, you could try searching for his contact information online or through any channels that he may be affiliated with. Alternatively, you could try contacting music publishing companies or orchestral sheet music providers to see if they have any leads on obtaining the arrangement. I wish you the best of luck in your search and hope that your orchestra is able to successfully perform this beautiful piece!