Beethoen Romance no. 2 etude practice

Moderator: kcleung

Eira
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Beethoen Romance no. 2 etude practice

Post by Eira »

hello, I´m currently practicing Beethoven´s romance no. 2. and I would like to ask if there is any etude that would help me with it. Thanks
laura1818

Re: Beethoen Romance no. 2 etude practice

Post by laura1818 »

Hello, Eira! Beethoven wrote several pieces called "Romances." Can you be a little more specific? What opus number (or AnH, or WoO)? What key? What instrument? Is the score available on IMSLP?
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

Beethoven wrote two completed works called "Romance", both are for violin and orchestra. Not sure where you get the idea that he wrote 'several pieces' under that title.

(There is a third violin and orchestra one that's lost, and a fragment of a multi-concerto.....so even then there should be no confusion with 'Romance No. 2)
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Ok, I see Hess 13/WoO 207 (E minor, 1786-7) which was published in 1952 so - not lost..., Hess 11 (1816) (Romance No.3) (lost???), also the title used as a movement for the second movement of the sonatina Anh.5 No.1, but I barely know of those I suppose and know of no others, sorry...
Sevij

Post by Sevij »

Eira wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:55 am hello, I´m currently practicing Beethoven´s romance no. 2. and I would like to ask if there is any etude that would help me with it. Thanks
I love this romance, one of my favorite. I used to practice it on a violin when I was at the university and living at my parent's property. Those were good times
Sevij

Post by Sevij »

Sevij wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:21 pm
Eira wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:55 am hello, I´m currently practicing Beethoven´s romance no. 2. and I would like to ask if there is any etude that would help me with it. Thanks
I love this romance, one of my favorite. I used to practice it on a violin when I was at the university and living at my parent's property in Italy here. Those were good times
Any advice of what to play more on violin as it's been years since I did it...