Searching for a piano piece title.

Moderator: kcleung

donovanjose
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Searching for a piano piece title.

Post by donovanjose »

Does anyone know the title of the piece of piano music that Rosamond Vincy plays for Dr. Lydgate in episode two of the 1994 version of Middlemarch. Maybe Robert Schumann. I don't know. You may send the answer to me at donovanjose2704@gmail.com
Thank you

Donovan
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Searching for a piano piece title.

Post by coulonnus »

donovanjose

Post by donovanjose »

Good morning Coulonnus, Thank you for trying to help me. I'm familiar with all the pieces in the Youtube link that you sent me. Unfortunately the piece that I'm looking for, which is only a short segment, isn't there. The film was a BBC production in 1994. I try again by contacting the BBC music department. Thanks again. Bye for now y buena fortuna.

Dj
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

donovanjose

Post by donovanjose »

Hello again Coulonnus, Thanks for that. I have looked in that site before posting here, however, I will go back there and post my question.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

isn't it Mendelssohn, Songs without Words, Op. 19 No. 1? Sometimes the video played by Baremboim does not show up in the site I posted.
donovanjose

Post by donovanjose »

Bon jour Coulonnus;
Well done mon brave. You must have done some work to find that, or just listened to the piece on the video. You did the work for me. I couldn't think how to find it other than post here. I was 99% sure that it was from the Romantic period, that's why I thought of Schumann and later Schubert. I didn't consider Chopin as what I've heard of his pieces, not too many, just didn't seem right. I'm not hugely/widely experienced with listening to this genre, though I do love it. I feel I'll never get to the level where I'll be able to play these pieces. One can listen though. I played it on youtube as soon as I read your post and found that Baremboim played it much faster than the artist in the film.

I notice that you are living in Nice. I have only been in Calais; Boulogne-sur-Mer; Paris and Cerbere, just across the Catalan border. Coincidently I hope to be traveling along the French Riviera to Italy where I haven't been for many years. Unfortunately that will have to wait until this Plague if finished.

Well thank you again est bon chance. I like to practice the small French that I have whenever I get the chance.

Bye for now. Donovan
Pcolecs

Post by Pcolecs »

Does anyone know the name of the duet song Rosamund and Ladislaw sing in episode 3?
Pcolecs

Post by Pcolecs »

Pcolecs wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:11 pm Does anyone know the name of the duet song Rosamund and Ladislaw sing in episode 3?
Alma del core