General copyright-related issues and discussions

Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Roussel works

Post by daphnis »

Vocal score for Aeneas first published Durand 1936 and some other scores first published in the 30's--PD in Canada? Latest thing I have was published 1948. Roussel also died 1937 (along with Ravel, Vierne).
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

All Roussel is PD in Canada, unless it's something with a collaborating author or arranger (like Lucien Garban, the chief editor for Durand) who died less than 50 years ago. Everything published after 1922 is protected in the USA, though, so use the {{WorkNonPD-US}} template for those works.

Technically, Roussel (plus Ravel and Vierne) will remain copyright in the EU until 1/1/08. I may get around to posting EU warnings on those pages if I have some spare time.
V.N.

Post by V.N. »

I will take part in
an International Competition Alber Roussel in February. I need
musical scores of Alber Roussel -three pieces op.49

Thank you in advance.
aristidecc
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by aristidecc »

If the works of Vierne are PD since 01.01.2008, why is the 5th Symphonie for organ, as the only work of Vierne in the IMSLP already blocked?
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

The Vierne Symphony No. 5 is still under copyright in the USA (only), thanks to the USA's publication date based system of calculating copyright terms for works published before 1978. It's in copyright captivity in the USA until 2021.
ashaam

Post by ashaam »

Hi! i'm a fan of roussel's music. I'd like to know why are is his works still not downloadable. Are there any problems with copyright? Or it's just a question of time before his scores become available?
Thanks
Jacopo, Italy