Pini di Roma renewal status

General copyright-related issues and discussions

Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

varnis
forum adept

Pini di Roma renewal status

Post by varnis »

IM confused as to why this work has been re-TB'd, was a legitimate copyright renewal found after all?
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Pini di Roma renewal status

Post by vinteuil »

No, it's just that it's so popular, the reprint publishers probably would have caught wind by now.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
varnis
forum adept

Post by varnis »

Perhaps a judicious email in their direction enquiring as to when it will be available from them might result in an answer, though I suppose you're right, the chances of large reprint houses finding the appropriate notice are much higher than the chances of one man, no matter how dedicated :|
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

I will be discussing this with the vice-president of a reprint house after the first of the new year. I suspect that a renewal was actually filed, but is somehow categorized under a different name by the copyright office. Ricordi was so fanatical about renewing their copyrights that they even managed to engage lawyers and agents to file renewals when the USA and Italy were at war (1942-1945). There is simply no way that a work this popular would have escaped the reprinters if there really was no renewal at all.