Stravinsky Pulcinella (Vocal Score)

General copyright-related issues and discussions

Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

metrognome

Stravinsky Pulcinella (Vocal Score)

Post by metrognome »

Hi,

I'm new here, so I thought I would run this by the experts before I do something stupid.

I have the entire vocal score to Pulcinella on PDF (and many others). The publisher is J. & W. Chester and the D.O.P. is 1920. As this satisfies the pre-1923 rule, I assume it is PD in the US and is suitable for posting on the US server, is that correct?

Second question. The score is from the Harvard Libraries collection, which means that it has a couple of identifying ink stamps on several pages of the score. Should I bother trying to efface them from the scanned pages or can I submit the score as is?

I appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this awesome project.

Best,
Jeff
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I am far from an expert on this, but I believe the first is in the PD. The second (again, I believe) only matters if the symbols are trade marks such as CD sheet music logo or others.

But anyone feel free to prove me wrong. :lol:
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

The Pulcinella vocal score is PD in the USA. If you go to the Wishlist and look under Stravinsky, there's a list there where the works that are PD in the US appear in black print and the copyright works in red. (All Stravinsky is under copyright elsewhere in the world.)

I don't think there is any need to eliminate the library stamps. That's a very different thing from a corporate trademark, which is what the CD Sheet Music and EveryNote logos are.
metrognome

Post by metrognome »

I just uploaded the score.

I didn't know about the Wishlist, so thanks.