Revival of the Mozart Category

General copyright-related issues and discussions

Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

imslp
Site Admin

Revival of the Mozart Category

Post by imslp »

I've been thinking about reviving the Mozart category with a project aimed at the submission of the public domain portions of the NMA, and just have two questions regarding the copyright status:

1. What volumes were published before 1982?
2. Can the watermark on the scan be considered a trademark, or just a bunch of letters?

Also, feel free to comment on whether this revival is a good idea or not :)
Funper
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Funper »

sure, nma is very hard browsing. i think it would be more accessible if it was put here.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Yep, this was part of my motivation. The other part was the fact that the Anonymous Donor told me about glitches in the NMA scans, and how he had to spend quite some time cleaning some of the scores up. I think it'd be beneficial if people could fix glitches like that and then share the results with everyone :)

Of course, there is the other fact that I now think the exception (to not submit to IMSLP) I made for NMA was unwarranted...
Generoso
active poster

Post by Generoso »

Is there a page to help people clean up the scores?
For instance how does one clean up a pdf file that has already been made?
I use a mac and have used photoshop before. Would photoshop be a good choice or is there a better program?

Maybe a tutorial (or a help page for cleaning up files) would be a good idea... if there isn't one already.