Composer page John Milas - possible copyright issue

General copyright-related issues and discussions

Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

JMilas
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Composer page John Milas - possible copyright issue

Post by JMilas »

I created a composer page for John Milas (Myself) for uploading compositions of mine which I intended to release to the public free of charge under a Creative Commons 3.0. However, I need to be logged in to view the compositions, which poses a problem for those who are interested in seeing the compositions as well. I suspect that there might have been a copyright issue, but I can't figure out what that issue might be. Is there anyone willing to help me figure this problem out? Thanks in advance.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Composer page John Milas - possible copyright issue

Post by KGill »

There are no copyright issues with your compositions; they have been recognized as being by you and should be released for free access :) The problem you refer to is actually the site's caching mechanism - to users who are not logged in, it takes three days for any new composer category to update so that all the pages in them can be seen. This should therefore resolve itself in another couple days.
JMilas

Re: Composer page John Milas - possible copyright issue

Post by JMilas »

Thanks for your assistance; I had no idea that it took that long for the site to load files. I am very happy to hear that there is no copyright issue. Thanks again for your help.