Arranging / rewriting a piece and playing with the orchestra

General copyright-related issues and discussions

Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

ArcticWind7 wrote:I know that typically, a composer writes a two piano score with additional information. I.e. telling the orchestrator that strings here, trumpet, etc. short hand really.
Depends on the composer. In a case like Williams, it's usually more than that. In cases like Zimmer, yeah it's probably like that. In cases like Clint Eastwood, it's probably less...

-Lala-
Vivaldi
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Vivaldi »

Hi, you mean composing in short score, where a composer puts in the essential details of orchestration and leave out the less important ones? I recall Mahler composed some of his symphonies in short score, his unfinished 10th being one.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Depends on the composer. In a case like Williams, it's usually more than that. In cases like Zimmer, yeah it's probably like that. In cases like Clint Eastwood, it's probably less...
I was just generalizing.
I recall Mahler composed some of his symphonies in short score, his unfinished 10th being one.
A lot of composers write like that. Elgar didn't mostly, I don't think Berlioz did either. I don't. But even Mozart did.

Oh.... Closed.... become off topic.