Why works by Richard Jones still under copyright?

General copyright-related issues and discussions

Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Why works by Richard Jones still under copyright?

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

The work page on IMSLP says 'All works by this person are still under copyright in Canada, the EU, Japan, and elsewhere and are thus subject to deletion. The works are also probably copyrighted in the U.S. if first published after 1923'

Richard Jones that I know wrote ' Lessons for the harpsichord or the spinnet' which was published by I Walsh in 1782. So the original book should be in PD everywhere.

I think the Asoociated board of the royal school has published it as well. The library has a copy edited by Stoddard Lincoln published by Heugel & Cie, Paris. Thae book would still be ubder copyright I assume ,because copyrighted by Heugel & Cie in1974.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Why works by Richard Jones still under copyright?

Post by daphnis »

It says that message as a system default reaction since he doesn't have a birth and death associated with him. Until they're added, that's just what the wiki code will display.
Zeyar Shwe
active poster

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

From the preface from the book I found out that that very little is known of him apart from the fact that he succeeded Stefano Carbonelli as the leader of the orchestra in the theatre at Drury Lane about 1730. The preface in the book also stated that there was an announcement of his death is found in the 'Daily Advertiser' 0f 20-1- 1744. So we at least know when he died.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »