pdf files that require the opus font (Sibelius)?

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

pdf files that require the opus font (Sibelius)?

Post by kalliwoda »

The Beethoven string quartet parts recently submitted by "homerdundas" cannot be displayed correctly on my Mac or in the Browser (error message, could not locate the font opus)
I know, this is the music font used by sibelius...
but was under the impression that acrobat works across platform and can display fonts even if they are not installed in your system?

Any solution?
I run MacOS 10.4.11, Safari 3.2.1, Adobe Reader 8.0, also a full version of Acrobat 5.0
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

The only solution I know of is for someone with Opus installed to embed the Opus font within the PDF. Apparently, the font was not embedded when the PDF was originally created - which is why it fails to display on your system.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by pml »

These PDFs are unfortunately shambolic.

However the flaw is even "better" than remarked on above - you may have Opus installed on your system, and the music may still be unreadable, because of a font version mismatch. If you're running the latest version of Sibelius (as I am) these pages display minus clefs, noteheads, and symbols.

BTW, the Opus font is installed by the free Scorch browser plug-in.

Speaking of elementary errors in typesetting, has anyone tried to knock sense into our Cátalan contributor of scores without bar numbers? I gave up after it became apparent that anything I said Was Not Getting Through.

Regards, PML
--
PML (talk)
kalliwoda
active poster

opus font

Post by kalliwoda »

Thanks a lot for the tip with the scorch plugin - it works! :lol:
homerdundas
active poster

Re: pdf files that require the opus font (Sibelius)?

Post by homerdundas »

Hi everyone... sorry about those files... as I have the required font on my system I didn't notice they needed anything. In the next week or so I will try to revise them, either to include to font, or make a file of bitmap pages to replace them.